There’s something about a new year that brings hope. Hope for resolution, restoration, & renewal.
Looking toward 2010 here are the things I hope for:
- A new season of ministry that is life-giving to my family
- A deeper level of engagement in God’s word
- Another step closer to God’s pursuits & a step away from my own
Based on these hopes, here are my 2010 goals:
- Date nights w/ my kids: Kyle and I were successful in our commitment to date night with each other in 2009. Our date nights with kids was strong at the start but dwindled by the end of the year. It just got easier to stay home. This year will be a new rhythm of consistent one-on-one time with each child. We’ve got to create the opportunities for great conversations to happen. Date nights are a great way to do this.
- Quarterly fasting: I tend to treat fasting like a I do an exercise routine. Excited at first… but when it gets hard I wimp out. But after reading Jentzen Franklins book called Fasting, I have a renewed commitment to this spiritual discipline. I’ll start the year with this motley crew as we embark on a 21 day Daniel Fast. Join us?
- One Year Chronological Bible: I love a good one-year plan that keeps me on a consistent path through scripture. In 2008 I did a one year plan and a 90 day plan. Not wise. I couldn’t stay committed to anything consistent in 2009. Though I did book studies, most of my daily reading bounced around. So I’m back on a one-year plan. Check out YouVersion.com for loads of different reading plans.
- Bible Studies: Last year I found free bible study resources here. And I love them. This year I plan to complete two. Only two. Trust me… that is more than enough.
- Retreat w/ my husband: In our 15 years of marriage, Kyle and I have never “escaped” for a weekend. I think it’s time.
There you go. The sum of my goals for the next 12 months. Notice there are no goals relating to leadership, team development, ministry development, etc… in fact nothing ‘professional’ in nature. I guess I don’t feel it needs to be my primary focus right now. If it should, then I trust God to bring that to my attention. I think this list accurately reflects where He desires to focus my refining this year. So I’ll roll with it.
Praying for all my friends in the blogging world today. Have a great close to 2009 and…